Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stuff, I've got a lot of stuff,
but not nearly as much stuff as I used to have.
6 years ago I moved from northern Michigan
to the Grand Rapids area and I had to downsize.
I sold a home and moved into a town home, then came
phase two of the downsizing I moved from the town home
to an apartment in downtown Grand Rapids.
I let go of a lot of stuff and it felt good, so good!
I gave away and sold some of my favorite things.
Truthfully it was hard to let go of some of my stuff
but what I realized is that my stuff isn't me
and I'm not a better person because of
the stuff I have, I'm me with or without stuff.
It was actually freeing to let go and leave
stuff behind and not to drag it forward!

These are some random things I have in a jar; old marbles,
crystal chandelier pieces, jewelry and rocks.
I like it, I don't know why I just do. Stuff!

No comments: