Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Free Form Knitting...

Tonight a lovely group of ladies came to my house to knit.  It's a knitting club of sorts.  Everyone brought a project that they're working on, oh and some are crocheting.  I'm working on a big chunky blanket. I call it free form knitting, I don't use a pattern, I just don't want to.  I add colors when I want and just knit, knit, knit.  All of these other knitters are pattern people, and great knitters.  One red haired crazy lady that made some great cookies for our little club, is what they call a "Continental" knitter, she throws (another new term I learned) with her left hand, its the way her grandma taught her to knit.  I'd never heard of such a thing before tonight but loved the term "Continental," it sounds fabulous doesn't it?   Good times tonight with the lovely knitting ladies!




Good night knitters, Good night yarn
Good night to the old lady whispering "Free Form Knitting." 
Good night noises everywhere! 

2 comments:

cindy said...

Oh my goodness! I am laughing so hard I will not be able to sleep! Would you believe "Good Night Moon" was on my mind to post!? Yes, oh yes. From one crazy knitter to another... Good night, knitter. Good night! ~Thanks for the laughter.

Debbie said...

I thought by free form knitting you were referring to what I do which is just wad the yarn up because I can never get it right:)